When To Call An Electrician

It can be tempting to try to fix electrical issues around your home yourself. But while there are some things that you can do to help to maintain your homes electrical system, electrical repairs can be dangerous to attempt without proper equipment and training. Here are a few telltale signs that a call to a licensed electrician should be on your to-do list!

1. Sparks

If you ever see sparks coming from an outlet, fuse box, or breaker panel, it indicates a serious problem, which should be looked at as soon as possible to avoid an electrical fire.

2. Lights Flickering

If the light fixtures in your home often flicker or dim, there may be a problem with the wiring. If you notice that this is limited to one fixture, first try a new light bulb to see if that resolves the issue. If faulty wiring is causing the problem, you will need the services of an electrician to properly fix the issue.

3. Hot or Shocking Switch Plates or Outlets

Occasionally the outlets or switch plates in your home may feel warm due to the electric current, however it should never be hot or shocking to touch. These signs indicate loose or faulty wiring, and can be dangerous. Call us today to get it checked out ASAP.

4. Frequently Tripped Circuit Breakers

Circuit breakers are made to trip when the circuit is overloaded. This is to prevent the wires from overheating and causing a fire. If your circuit is being tripped frequently it’s a sign that your home may need the help of a qualified electrician.

5. Damaged Wires

Is your home over 25 years old? Have you noticed the presence of mice or other rodents? Outdated wiring, wear and tear, as well as rodents can all wreak havoc on your homes electrical system. You should check your wiring for signs of damage and call us to take care of any issues you find.

6. Burning Smell

If you smell burning plastic it is a strong sign of the start of an electrical fire. Never ignore a burning smell, even if the source isn’t immediately visible. Call an electrician immediately and make sure to have a fire extinguisher readily available.

We know that keeping your home and family safe is your number one priority, so if you notice any of the above signs of electrical issues in your house, make sure to  Contact us or call directly at 717-597-7137 today!

Contact Us Today!

1524 Buchanan Trail E
Greencastle, PA 17225

Phone: 717-597-7137

Business Hours
Mon - Fri: 7am to 5pm

Coverage Area

We serve Greencastle PA, Chambersburg PA, Waynesboro PA, Shippensburg PA, Mercersburg PA, McConnellsburg PA, Fayetteville PA, Mont Alto PA, and the Surrounding Areas

We serve Hagerstown MD, Williamsport MD, Sharpsburg MD, Boonsboro MD, Smithsburg MD, Hancock MD, and the Surrounding Areas

Licensed & Insured

We Stand By All Our Work
Lic #PA-046164

Social Media

 Find Us on Facebook  Find Us on Google+

Members Of

National Federation of Independent Business

We Accept

We Accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Cash, and Checks